October 27, 2015
Launch of the report "Business and the United Nations"
The Sustainable Development Goals Fund (www.sdgfund.org) at UNDP is pleased to invite you to attend the launch of the new report “Business and the United Nations” produced by the SDG Fund’s Private Advisory Group in collaboration with Harvard Kennedy School and Business Fights Poverty. The event will take place on Tuesday, 10 November 2015 at the United Nations headquarters in New York (ECOSOC Chamber).
With the new Sustainable Development Goals, the recognition that everyone has a role to play opens exciting opportunities for exploring how best to engage the private sector. The new agenda 2030 recognizes that to achieve more sustainable development in the next 15 years, business must play a central role. What’s not certain is exactly how business can engage in truly effective partnerships with other development organizations and particularly with the UN. What real opportunities for collaboration exist? How can we make UN engagement with the private sector work? How can we foster more investment?
The Sustainable Development Goals Fund, with Business Fights Poverty and Harvard University is releasing this report to rethink UN engagement with business from a unique point of view: the one reflected by businesses. This report will initiate a dialogue on how to co-create, co-design and co-invest in new modalities of sustainable development engagement between the UN, private sector, civil society and governments.
- Michael O’Neill, UN Assistant Secretary-General and UNDP Director of the Bureau of External Relations and Advocacy
- Maria Emma Mejia, Ambassador, Permanent Representative of Colombia to the United Nations
- Puvan J. Selvanathan, Head, ITC Office to the United Nations in New York
- Tonye Cole, Co-Founder and Group CEO, Sahara Group
- Gustav Lovén, Global Social Sustainability Manager, H&M
- Graham Baxter, Senior Advisor, Business Fights Poverty
- Jane Nelson, Director, CSR Initiative, Harvard Kennedy School (via video)
- Paloma Duran, Director, Sustainable Development Goals Fund
For more information and registration: rebeca.huete.salazar [at] undp.org () and teresa.burelli [at] undp.org.
Attendants without UN badge must register in advance.
Follow the discussion on twitter: #BIZandUN